Pages

Kpop Vs. Jpop

Yes, the forever ongoing battle between the two is something that I feel the need to talk about. The issue I have with this isn’t the music, but the fans on both sides. I love to find new groups to listen to and new songs to try out, so I am always browsing the web and youtube trying to find a new Kpop song to fall in love with. It’s not too difficult for me now that Kpop is an official genre on youtube [YAY]. However, I have started to try and give Jpop a try as well since O have never really listened to it, but there are many Jpop fans too. However, the same thing happens whenever I go to a Jpop music video. There is always a fight of somesort between Kpop fans and Jpop fans. It’s really ridiculous! It’s worse than fan wars for single groups. These fans are attacking the entire genre and fan base of it. So, therefore, I fall under one of the fanbases. I am one of those people who cannot stand when someone else makes a claim attacking an entire group of people when really it’s only a few people in that group being obnoxious. So these genre wars irritate me because Jpop fans are criticizing Kpop fans and the Korean music industry so I feel attacked as well. However, Kpop fans are doing the same to them! I just don’t understand why someone feels the need to go onto a Jpop video and start something by saying how they are copyin Kpop. Or vice versa. It really is not that serious to me. I think if Kpop fans don’t want to like Jpop music, then just don’t listen to it. Same for Jpop fans. Starting wars on the videos is just immature and annoying. It makes me sad to call myself a Kpop fan when the Kpop fans are the ones who start alot of these wars, and it makes me turned off of Jpop when Jpop fans are criticizing and attacking Kpop fans [that's alot of pops...lol]. My whole point for this rant is that I just want to one day be able to go and look up a new song or mv without having to see these pointless wars. It is possible to like both kpop and jpop. I want to see more unity with the genres. Yes, there are some similarities but there are also many differences. Instead of focusing on the similarities or who you think is better, just try to focus on what you like about them or just not say anything at all. I feel that things would be alot smoother that way =] If only it was that simple to change the way everyone thinks and views things lol. What do you all think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tutorial Blog